Thursday 28 December 2017

the snowflakes that glistens on the trees

Chayra and Sabrina, my nieces, playing


Chayra the baby bee

I think the previous blog entry posts are too negative, that it shouldn't be that way.
It shouldn't be the way to end this year 2017.

I want to ask for forgiveness should anyone whom read this blog, feel disturbed or negative after reading those. You don't deserve that.

At this moment, I'm enjoying a cup of hot tea, and try to think of 2017.

If you focus on the bad stuff, you'll be reminded of the bad issues, Donald Trumps news, those negative stuff.
And you might miss the forest from the trees.

Or, 
you might not even notice that beautiful snowflakes that glistens on the trees.

27 March 2017, my niece Chayra was born.

Last Friday, my wife's families and in-laws visited me. Despite being sick, I played and had Chayra in my arms. She played with my spectacles, and tried ecstatically to strike a conversation with me saying "ata ata ata" to me, with serious changing faces.

It was lovely, maybe the angels were present there at that moment too, looking at her loveliness too. It was beautiful.

2017 is the year I learned about the album "Kind Of Blue" by Miles Davis, and learning the jazz music.
So many beautiful arts, lovely music, charming books that came to my attention this year.

I managed to relocate some of my books from the old Bukit Mewah house (now my bro's house) to my Subang apartment. I hope by end of 2018, all the books are relocated and I will have my library and book collection at my house.

Some of the rare CD and music collections too.

This year also, my relationship with my bro was made beautiful again.

There were too many, it was numerous, in-numerable, blessings, like that glistening snowflakes, that actually I miss out.

I was wrong about many things too. Mostly about people.
I was right, about one thing, there are people who matters to you, and you should think about them more often than those news.

Be selective.

So this is a swansong to the year 2017, alhamdulilah and thank God for the those glistening moments.


"Isn't It Romantic?" (Richard Rodgers, Lorenz Hart) – 4:37 "The Boy Next Door" (Ralph Blane, Hugh Martin) – 5:22 "Wonder Why" (Nicholas Brodszky, Sammy Cahn) – 5:15 "Swedish Pastry" (Barney Kessel) – 5:45 "Love Is Here to Stay" (George Gershwin, Ira Gershwin) – 4:46 "'Round Midnight" (Thelonious Monk, Cootie Williams, Bernie Hanighen) – 8:54 "Stella by Starlight" (Ned Washington, Victor Young) – 4:57 "All the Things You Are" (Oscar Hammerstein II, Jerome Kern) – 8:44 "Blues in F" (Chuck Israels) – 5:44


0:00 "A Simple Matter of Conviction" (Bill Evans) 3:22 "Stella by Starlight" (Washington, Young) 7:30 "Unless It's You (Orbit)" (Evans) 11:14 "Laura" (Mercer, Raksin) 15:33 "My Melancholy Baby" (Ernie Burnett, George Norton, W. E. Watson) 20:48 "I'm Getting Sentimental Over You" (Bassman, Washington) 25:02 "Star Eyes" (Gene de Paul, Don Raye) 30:01 "Only Child" (Evans) 34:07 "These Things Called Changes" (Evans)