Wednesday 30 August 2017

Much ado about nothing / Aspirations




1. Much Ado about Nothing.

My previous blog entry is quite boring and repetitive in some way. Hence this post is to explain the reason behind it.

"Much Ado about Nothing" is a comedic play from Shakespeare which I suggest for you to have a look at.

I've had few Internet friends, and those popular people in Social Media I observed.

A lot of people, gives their commentaries in FB on most events and tragedies that happened in Malaysia. There will be many "Likes" and incoming comments, debates, etc.

But some of them that I knew personally, actually are worse off in real life, some economically, some with their own damned problems of their own.

I'm sorry I wrote this, but my point is, we spent too much time on this Social Media, giving good impression of our appearance and self image based on ideas, words, talks, images, Instagrams, and for what?

For what?, since in real life we are struggling with our own damned problems.

Some wrote about politics, had their writings copied from blogs to blogs, but have to ask for money-loans from friends.

I remembered the time from earliest days of this blog, year 2013, when I had to travel 50kilometers from Kajang to Klang and back forth, daily basis, on my 100cc motorcycle, sometimes enduring rain during the journey.

And I had to work in construction business then which itself is a tiring and stressful job.

And during that time, there were emails, letters, chats from people everywhere, but deep down I was humbled by real life struggles.

And now, being married and committed, I do felt silly when looking back at what I wrote before. I felt it was too "noisy" and if only I could spend time and effort at improving real life things. Only if.

But then, we humans make mistakes, and it is from our mistakes that we learn, which become our solid foundations later on.

Swooning of Hero in the Church scene,  Alfred Elmore, 1846.
Source : Wikipedia

2. Women

There was this talk about men, polygamy and their obsession with women.

For me, personally, I'm 35 now, in 5 years time I'll be 40, hopefully with good health, God helps.

I have dreams and ambitions of my own, to have my own company, and to become a Mechanical IR.

And I'm yet to have kids.

So for me, if there's "opportunity" of whatsoever to have "illegitimate scandals" or legitimate relationship with another woman, I'll be personally honest, it will just ruin me mentally and financially.

For me, it's not worth it. There are other things in life that are bigger than that.
And I'm not gifted with good looks anyway.

But then for other men, that is their own personal choice and their own risk.

As you get  older, be it whether you are male or female, there will be other people who look more charming or beautiful than yourself or your spouse.

As you get older, as time flows. There will be cuter ladies, more charming men.

Somehow, there are greater things in life.


3. Greater things in life

Even though our independence ain't as bloody as other countries, (but there are blood spilled along the way), it is realised upon efforts driven by ambitions and aspirations.

The communist killed because they thought it was a fight against the British. Those who are against the  communist do it for the peace. Everybody believe and everybody fought for it.

Spilled blood and sweat upon the muddy fields of our country, rather than be keyboard warriors and slamming each other, it is better to be thankful and to heed great lessons.

Aspirations drives people. And it built nations.

Malaysia, Happy Independence Day / Happy Malaysia Day.


Into the eighth offensive
Frontline reformed
Artillery that never ceased
In overtures of war

...When cannons fade

Now the guns are silenced
End of hell storm
The final argument of kings
All earth transformed

...When cannons fade

As the silence grows
Steadily replacing
The resonance of thunder
Deep in the soul

Conscience still remains
Horror - amongst the flames
Ashes keep on falling

I close my eyes
And even now
The distant memory remains
Of the last laments
To be played

Discovery Channel's - Surviving the Cut - US Marine Recon

Marines are pushed to unconsciousness in the pool, wrestle 90-pound packs in the pounding surf of the Pacific Ocean.
 It's a man-breaking, all-out endurance test that forges top soldiers with unparalleled skills. 
One in three don't survive the cut.