Saturday 20 May 2017

moses prayer

First, I apologize to you if this is Islamic preachy. For I myself hate being preachy as I find those who are preachy are damned outright boring.


I write this because I want to memorialise this, and maybe share it with you, if you may somehow might find it thoughtful.


And so, yesterday's night, after the Maghrib prayer, there was this occasional weekly Islamic Quran tafsir class, and yesterday the Islamic teacher was explaining on the verse 67 to 73 Al Baqarah.



I'm not going into detail all that he taught, but I will write here one "knowledge" which I found quite profound.

And [recall] when Moses said to his people, "Indeed, Allah commands you to slaughter a cow." They said, "Do you take us in ridicule?" He said, "I seek refuge in Allah from being among the ignorant." - Verse 67 Al Baqarah.
And so the story was that there was someone in Israel who was murdered. People found the dead body, and they disputed about whom killed the man.
And they bought their dispute to Prophet Moses.

Hence, when Prophet Moses informed them that God commanded them to sacrifice a cow, they felt their question not being answered directly, hence why they said,

They said, "Do you take us in ridicule?" 

What did Prophet Moses do when the Israelis replied this back to him? Did he tried to explain back, did he tried to debate back?

Instead the Prophet Moses prayed,

He said, "I seek refuge in Allah from being among the ignorant." 

The Prophet Moses did not try to explain much but instead prayed as per mentioned.

What happen was, the Israelis then realised, Prophet Moses was being serious, hence they further inquired about the sacrifice as per Verse 68 to 75.

I find this profound, in this world where there's a lot of debates, opinions, idle talks and people questioning each other.

You can find this link explaining about this story as well.
https://www.al-islam.org/enlightening-commentary-light-holy-quran-vol-1/section-8