Sunday 17 April 2016

Vocal





Hi.
You might notice that I seldom blog in nowadays.

I'm fighting my wars on few fronts.

I'm off from work today because I couldn't move.
Dear doctor gave some muscle relaxant pills.
I might be off tomorrow of the intense pain.

One good thing about not blogging is learning not to be too vocal.

I sometimes wrote in this blog about "Enjoy the silence".
 A recurring theme in this blog.
 
Yesterday at work, 2 things happened.

1st, an Assistant Mech Manager of the Korean Main-Con argued with my boss over some scope of work.
The problem is, which is the most irritating fact is,
this Korean guy didn't study the Contract,
and simply making assumptions.
Although engineers are prone to making assumptions,
but one must know that
ASSUME means
making an ASS out of U and ME.

Because of his senior position, his argument ends with "I don't know, I don't care" 
and it looks irritatingly silly.

Study. Read and Learn before you want to be vocal.

The problem of people nowadays, 
is
they didn't put much effort
into
Learning and Studying
but 
they depend too much on asking and arguing.

I've seen this in Social Media
and frighteningly
at my work place.

Everybody want to speak.
Everybody thinks its their freedom of speech.
In the end,
it is just
chicken noises.

For engineers, especially young ones.
Keep your mouth shut often. 
Study and Learn first.
Read documents and study drawings.
 You will see old Engineers
like that Korean guy
who simply assume things
and making an ass out of himself.

2nd thing, a worker of mine got into shit
when he posted this photo
on his Facebook.
Because he didn't get his salary.
Apparently his boss, which is my Sub-con,
throw him out of the Project.
It is silly.

But silly things happen,
when people got emotional.

 
Whether about the world,
about Malaysian politics
about Zakir Naik,
about whatsoever and whomsoever.
Try your best
not to be vocal
when you are emotional.
Even professional people,
engineers and lawyers,
look silly sometimes.

 
A photo of Pelton Wheel 
Source : https://www.facebook.com/Mechanical.Engineering.ME