Sunday 7 February 2016

Perspective




PERSPECTIVE

It take thousands of years after Euclid, for Man to finally realise that Euclid’s Fifth Parallel Postulate might not work after all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-Euclidean_geometry

Even though I was raised in my religion, but I’m lucky to grow up in Kajang and to mix around with non-Malays during my teen years.

One of my Chinese friends, once told me about Mao Zedong’s quote:-

“It doesn’t matter whether the cat is black or white, as long as it catches mice

I realised one thing between people who were taught in Abrahamic faiths, ie. Christianity, Islaim, Judism, and the Chinese, Korean, and Japanese.

In Abrahamic Faith, there is a line between bad and good. The Line is always clear. The religion dictates it.

Chinese, (those whom I grew up with), Korean, Japanese (those whom I worked with), whether raised in Buddhism, Confucianism, etc; their thinking does not necessarily put a line between bad and good. The action might be bad, or it might be good, depend on situation, people, etc. The result matters.

That’s why, I can see it in Malaysia, the Chinese will vote for an Islamic Party instead of the Government party if the overall result is beneficial to them, or vice versa. Even the previous Malaysian Premier Dr. M felt that the Chinese are more pragmatic, and most are not easily swayed by emotions of anger by racial or religion-istic issues.

To me, my personal opinion is, in life, you just work the best of what you know, whether it is best or good, God, History and life will determine its outcome.

In life, I try my best not to judge or comment issues even though it might look wrong, because mathematically, our knowledge is not infinite, and so

“Any effectively generated theory capable of expressing elementary arithmetic cannot be both consistent and complete. In particular, for any consistent, effectively generated formal theory that proves certain basic arithmetic truths, there is an arithmetical statement that is true,but not provable in the theory.

- Kurt Godel’s Incompleteness Theorem.
 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6del's_incompleteness_theorems

Since our knowledge is not infinite, there are gaps which we do not know, henceforth our knowledge is not complete.

Hence, our self belief based on our knowledge might be shown, not to be consistent all the time.

If a migrant Pakistani or Bangladesh workers did some mistake, Malaysians are seen to be easier to make a split decision smack their head and to curse them.

It is because in Malaysian people perspective, those people are low-grade scums.

But if the same worker happens to be some Englishmen, Koreans or Japanese, Malaysians will take a step back to think.

But those are the same foreigners that came to Malaysia for earning money.

Yet they are treated differently.

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfTLMSbqON8

(regarding this video, I've no comment. I didn't know why he was so pissed off. I didn't say his action is wrong, or good. But his statement is "You come to Malaysia to work, respect Malaysians" made me thinking, since there are numerous incident where I see Malaysians bowing their head down to Foreigners, especially Westerners)

Even though most Malaysians are brought up in Abrahamic Faith, and religion teaches them to be good to others;;... most of the time, It’s about perspective, i.e how people look at things and people and whatsoever.

Every day, every words, every knowledge learned, and yet usually it takes a different perspective for us to progress and unbound ties that bonds the problems.

Happy Chinese New Year to all.








Note : All videos not by me, I found them in Youtube. Click the link for the source.