Friday 14 August 2015

Fyodor Dostoevsky - Notes From Underground




I realised something after reading the excerpts from Notes From Underground by Fyodor Dostoevsky as per attached photos above.

Sometimes it is best not to argue using logic, reasoning, no matter how true it is.

We, as humans, likes to be free n therefore we desire independent choices.

So in persuading people, rather than giving them reasons, give them choices instead, but with each choices being advantageous to the one persuading.

(Read More)


"Walk in garden paths and into blind alleys"
 - Hear Nothing See Nothing Say Nothing by Discharge 

As per my last blog update, My engagement was held at a surau (small mosque) somewhere in Cheras.

As per the custom (adat) of Malay engagement, the guy basically had to wait outside while the parents/relatives discussed and finalised the details of the engagement and the upcoming marriage arrangements. (the one I termed as "negotiation")

 Pic 1 : Situation Outside the Surau during "negotiation"

 Pic 2 : Situation Outside the Surau during "negotiation"



 
 Pic 3 : "Negotiation Process" of engagement and upcoming wedding

And so I did.

Waited outside the surau till I found this.


I found a this book “Classics of Modern Fiction - Ten Short Novels” edited by Irving Howe

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irving_Howe

 The first short novel in the book was the “Notes From Underground”.

Ok, since I'm all blush and hush about this engagement, thinking secretly aboutmarriage and future experience as a husband,  I was taken in by this videos.




(Secretly thinking of teaching electric guitar to future daughter/son)