Saturday 4 April 2015

5th April 1994


"I’ve met a lot of dumb people," Cobain told Melody Maker in 1993. 

"They have a shitty job, they may be totally lonely, they don’t have a girlfriend, they don’t have much of a social life, and yet, for some reason, they’re happy."


"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Kurt_Cobain - On Friday, April 8, 1994, Kurt Cobain was discovered in the living quarters above his garage at his Lake Washington house by VECA Electric employee Gary Smith. Smith arrived at the house that morning to install security lighting when he saw Cobain lying inside. He found a suicide note with a pen stuck through it lying in a flower pot. A shotgun purchased for Cobain by Dylan Carlson was found resting on Cobain's chest.[1] Cobain's death certificate stated that his death was a result of a "contact perforating shotgun wound to the head" and concluded that his death was a suicide. The report estimated that Cobain died on April 5, 1994."


"To Boddah

Speaking from the tongue of an experienced simpleton who obviously would rather be an emasculated, infantile complain-ee. This note should be pretty easy to understand.

All the warnings from the punk rock 101 courses over the years, since my first introduction to the, shall we say, ethics involved with independence and the embracement of your community has proven to be very true. I haven't felt the excitement of listening to as well as creating music along with reading and writing for too many years now. I feel guity beyond words about these things.

For example when we're back stage and the lights go out and the manic roar of the crowds begins., it doesn't affect me the way in which it did for Freddie Mercury, who seemed to love, relish in the the love and adoration from the crowd which is something I totally admire and envy. The fact is, I can't fool you, any one of you. It simply isn't fair to you or me. The worst crime I can think of would be to rip people off by faking it and pretending as if I'm having 100% fun. Sometimes I feel as if I should have a punch-in time clock before I walk out on stage. I've tried everything within my power to appreciate it (and I do,God, believe me I do, but it's not enough). I appreciate the fact that I and we have affected and entertained a lot of people. It must be one of those narcissists who only appreciate things when they're gone. I'm too sensitive. I need to be slightly numb in order to regain the enthusiasms I once had as a child.........."


The Last 48 Hours of Kurt Cobain


That's why, I strongly feels, I would never resort my blog (firdaus-9898.blogspot.com) and my Tumblr (beyondthispunkt.tumblr.com) for others entertainment, followers and pussyfooters.

Just share what you see, hear and feel, but do not ask back something for return, i.e, attention, publicity, blog traffic.

Because soon it'll consumes you. You'll be ripped off somehow.