Saturday 31 January 2015

Icicle melts


When, when will the icicle melt,
The icicle, icicle?
And when, when will the picture show end,
The picture show, picture show
I should not have read the paper today,
'Cause a child, child, child, child he was taken away.

There's a place for the baby that died,
And there's time for the mother who cried.
And she will hold him in her arms sometime,
'Cause nine months is too long, too long, too long...

How, how could you hurt the child,
How could you hurt the child?
Now, does this make you satisfied,
Satisfied, satisfied?

I don't know what's happ'ning to people today,
When a child, child, child, child, he was taken away.

There's a place for the baby that died,
And there's time for the mother who cried.
And she will hold him in her arms sometime,
'Cause nine months is too long, too long, too long...


The Icicle Melts:
http://www.the-cranberries.ru/eng/interpretation2.htm

• A song about the death of a little boy by the name of Jamie Bulger. He was viciously killed by two other boys.
• Dolores: “I love children. You know, kids, they’re so innocent, and so afraid, and they’re the future of the world. How can people harm them?”.
• Dolores: “I think if those two kids knew that the penalty for that was being hung by the neck, I don’t think they’d have done it. I think hanging should be brought back for murder. I know it sounds sick and everything, but I do.”
• Dolores: “If they’d known beforehand, though…I still think the penalties are too nice. One of my brothers is a prison officer. I know, personally, people who have gone: ‘I just got out of prison yesterday and I’m bored, I’ve got no money, I’m gonna steal a car and go straight back in.’ Some people like it in there. What happened to the days of being thrown into the cell and being starved and beaten every day? At least make them bleed.”



James Patrick Bulger (16 March 1990[1] – 12 February 1993) was a boy from Kirkby, Merseyside, England, who was murdered on 12 February 1993, at the age of two. He was abducted, tortured and murdered by two ten-year-old boys, Robert Thompson (born 23 August 1982) and Jon Venables (born 13 August 1982).[2][3] Bulger disappeared from the New Strand Shopping Centre in Bootle, while accompanying his mother. His mutilated body was found on a railway line two-and-a-half miles (4 km) away in Walton, Liverpool, two days after his murder. Thompson and Venables were charged on 20 February 1993 with Bulger's abduction and murder