Friday 6 December 2013

Would?




The song, written by guitarist/co-vocalist Jerry Cantrell, concerns the late lead singer of Mother Love Bone, Andrew Wood, who died of a heroin overdose in 1990. In the liner notes of 1999's Music Bank box set collection, Jerry Cantrell said of the song:
I was thinking a lot about Andrew Wood at the time. We always had a great time when we did hang out, much like Chris Cornell and I do. There was never really a serious moment or conversation, it was all fun. Andy was a hilarious guy, full of life and it was really sad to lose him. But I always hate people who judge the decisions others make. So it was also directed towards people who pass judgments. - http://songmeanings.com/songs/wiki/11829/


----------------------

 Alice In Chains - Would

Know me broken by my master
Teach thee on child of love hereafter

Into the flood again
Same old trip it was back then
So I made a big mistake
Try to see it once my way

Drifting body it's sole desertion
Flying not yet quite the notion

Into the flood again
Same old trip it was back then
So I made a big mistake
Try to see it once my way

Into the flood again
Same old trip it was back then
So I made a big mistake
Try to see it once my way

Am I wrong?
Have I run too far to get home?
Have I gone?
And left you here alone?
If I would, could you?  


----------------------------------

One thing that some friends told me what they liked about me is about me being open.

You can be atheist, communist, religious or whatsoever and I still listen to you.

Let me tell you why I'd become like that.

I saw too many things which I'm too helpless to watch, and so, sometimes life's like that you just leave it like it is.

----------------------------

Once, I saw something that what people call divorce.
Complaint doesn't get me anywhere as my voice is not the deciding factor. You just watch it, as helpless as you could be, then you start tolerating it.

Once, I saw someone, who was at that time under influence of glue. (glue-inhale)
What to do? Am I gonna preach him right there? Nope, he's not listening. He's too busy singing and crying about his teenage love.
And so, you just watch it, as helpless as you could be.
When he's woken up, bring him together for a breakfast and wait for him to talk. But I didn't push the questions.
You laugh and smile and joked together, but when he's "away", you just watched helplessly.
You were worried, if you ever say a single word, then your friend might not be there anymore.
But, it's a game of catch and hide, you always know that for sometime, he'll be away.

Once, I was a stupid failure myself during my university days. Then somehow, most of us grew out of it.
But there was someone whom I still remembered to this day.
He didn't make it.
But I didn;'t nag. I laugh and smile and joked together, but I myself couldn't bring the words to say anything that might change it.
We parted ways years ago.
Only last year I met him at Facebook. Somehow, he did grew out of it.
But he is not the same fella I knew and actually, I felt that he avoided me because I am reminding him of his past.
It seems, no wonder what you do, you will be just left to watch it helplessly.

-----------------------------

Yet somehow, all these shit teaches you things.

Sometimes, it is best to left things as it is and just tolerate it.

Things can be changed. Metals can be melted and moulded. But people are God's to be saved.

-----------------------------

Sometimes, when you see someone so talented, you just admire that fella. Especially in this world where stupid ones are plenty.

Sometimes you felt that friend is doing something that you perceived as a mistake, your concern might drive you to speak something or sort.

Sometimes you see that friend, and you think of something that could make his/her life better. 

But your concern might backlash. No matter if you wish well, if you have never meant to cause trouble but just well wishes, the person receiving your "complaint" might backlash and spurge upon you his/her wrath like thunderbolt on a raging sky.

The backlash, people getting hurt, and you wish you never even expressed your concern before.

And so, I'm reminded by this song Would by Alice in Chains, that sometimes, your concern is just as helpless as it could be.

It is just best if you leave your friends as they be.